Tuesday, June 05, 2007

MY 7 FAVORITE THINGS

So I've been tagged to name my 7 favorite things...this is kind of difficult, how do you narrow your whole life down to 7 things with out seeming somewhat shallow.
So here we go:

These really are in no particular order:

1-Nixon watches, always loved them always will. I'm the owner of 6 Nixon watches 5 are living. I purchased my first one 8 years ago. I own The Small Don, The Naughty, The Cougar, The Small Player, The Chalet and the newest one pictured below the Stainless Steel Vega. I've received the last two for Mothers Day gifts. I love the simplicity of these watches, the quality, the style etc. The nice thing to is a watch always fits...at least it should. I think partially these watches help me feel like I'm holding onto my youth.
2-Waterton Lakes National Park/Canada. Anyone who has ever known me knows that I love Waterton. It's about 1hour 20 minutes from our house. It's beautiful! Really heaven on Earth. I've spent many weekends hiking here. The majastic mountains, simple townsite and clear water make me feel complete. Since Nali was born we've been here many times. Sometimes we'll drive there and just throw rocks, either way it's all good. My Love of Waterton probably is linked to my love of my country. Anyone that knows me to knows that I'm proud to be Canadian. Waterton is also close to where my Dad was raised. His Dad supplied the meat to the Prince of Wales Hotel (pictured in the left). His Mom nannied the kids of the owners/managers and that's how they met. Also one of the Lakes is named after my Great Aunt Bertha. Currently my dad's cousin runs the boat rentals at Cameron Lake. So free row boats for everyone!


3-My Mission/Cape Town South Africa. This was the view that I had for half of my mission. Left to right: Devils Peak, Table Mountain and then Lions Head. This is Cape town, Where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet. I love my mission for many reason. It taught me how to love. It taught me to be grateful. It opened my eyes to the world. It taught me the simplicty of the gospel. I love the people of this Rainbow Nation. I love their food, their hospitality. This country has been through hell. I looked at Robin Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned almost everyday for 9 months. It's remarkable how a person can come away from that telling everyone that we need to forgive. Desmond Tutu's book "No Future Without Forgivness" sums it up well. My mission meant so much to me that I've named my 2 girls after 2 little girls who were sisters from my mission.

4-Mountain Biking/Hiking/Tennis/Golf-Anything that involves moving a little bit of competitioin. I love it. Even Chess I love to play...When Sam and I were first married we played Chess a lot. I FINALLY beat Sam one day. I was so overjoyed that I took a picture of the moment. Let it be known though that I schooled him at Backgammon.


5-Reality Shows-I LOVE reality shows, not all of them but a lot of them. Laguna Beach, The Hills, Two a Days, The Amazing Race, Top Chef and last but not least So You Think You Can Dance. I don't know what it is about them but they've sucked me in to say the least. Sam knows NOT to bother me when they're one.

6-My Little Family-I love my family. Below is them in Waterton this past weekend. Sam and I have been married almost 7 years, I couldn't have married a better match. Nali is one of my best friends. I'm so lucky that I was able to spend so much time with her before Ella was born. Ella is just a sweety. All three are truly the greatest blessing in my life.


7-All of You-If you're reading this chances are you've had a major impact on my life and will never be forgotten. I love Blogging and the closeness it makes me feel with people that I haven't seen in years. My Friends are a very important part of my life. All of you have been such great examples to me. From High School to Ricks, my mission and then Sam and I at BYU. I truly feel blessed to know each one of you.

So now you know my 7 favorite things!

2 comments:

Dan and Ashley said...

That was fun reading about your favorite things Renee! I sure hope you guys are doing great. Looks like things are going well for you. The girls are adorable and your house is looking great! I love your pics at Waterton!---makes me want to be up in the mountains! We miss you guys!

The Evers said...

I just finished reading your 7 favorite things and you are so sweet! I had goose bumps reading the whole time!