Saturday, November 10, 2007

Parent of the Year Award...yet again...

So life has been busy this past month and a half to say the least. Yesterday I was neglecting my children yet again. Well this is what I walked in on. Ella had somehow opened a Coffee Crisp from Nali's Halloween candy. What a wonderful mess she made. She sure enjoyed it. If that wasn't enough she had gotten into the garbage as well. If you look closely you can see the crust of dried out bread as well as a piece of chewed gum. Yum-0! So look at the mess...notice I took a picture. I believe that blogging makes us better parents. It makes us see the humour in the situation, take a picture, then take a deep breath and then deal with the issue. Hopefully more calmly then we would've.
So this was right before i had to go to the Dr's. I have Strep throat and pink eye! Seriously can it get any worse??? Notice the box in the back ground, we got a new flat screen TV for the bedroom! I can't wait to watch "The Hills" in comfort.

4 comments:

Stephanie and Paul said...

you are hilarious! and how did she figure out how to open the candy?! liam currently has pen marks on his face from when he chewed one right next to me and i didn't notice...

Annie Leavitt said...

i'm laughing so hard right now. it is comforting knowing i am not alone. abby got the lid off of a sharpie not too long ago, yikes! the mark on her face took like 3 days to wash off : )

Natalie said...

Mmmm Coffee Crisp...I remember when you used to bring some candy back to school after being home and I loved it!! What was the one with the purple wrapper- something about velvet or violet or something. It was so good!

Martha said...

I love that you watch the Hills - that is one of my guilty pleasures :) So sorry you were sick...hope all is better now.