SO these are the tire kids. Probably one of the funniest things about being in Namibia was I stuck out! Really a white girl walking down the street. I don't think that these kids had ever had such close contact with a white person. They were AMAZED with my soft hair and couldn't believe how big my nose was.

This is Sylvia. I believe that this was my last night seeing her. The first baptism that I went to in Namibia was hers. She was OYM'd by a Sister in a park. She had a dream and knew that the church was true. She gave me the name of her youngest daughter before I left "Nydaynale". We called the little girl "Nali" for short. I promised her that I would name my first girl after hers...I'm so happy that I was able to keep that promise. Nali is our oldest and Ella is our second. Ella is also named after her oldest daughter.

Nali is the one in the red sweater on her dads lap. He is from Sweden. Ella is in the pink dress on the back of the couch.

Ella's baptism along with some of her brothers. We taught the guy on the left. His name was Melki...it was short for Melchezidek...can you believe it? How great it was to see him be baptized received the priesthood then baptize someone else.

The poverty is shocking...this is a daycare/kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment