This is probably one of my favorite pictures. I love the way the sun hits his face. This was my Oupa Browne. He was baptized on December 26th, 1998. He sewed his own baptisimal clothes. I believe that he was over 70. It was amazing to see him grasp the gospel. He met with missionaries for about a year before he was baptized. One sister OYM'd (opened your/her mouth) him over his fence one day.

This was Immaculee and her daughter Aloysia. They were refugee's from Rwanda. Imaculee's husband was killed in Rwanda. Aloysia was captured several times during the genocide there. Amazing people. I had the honour of being at Aloysia's baptism.

This was in the room that they shared. We would go and visit them and make taco's. Very humble living circumstances. Unfortuntley life took it's toll on Immaculee and she passed away a few years ago. Her story is
here.

Funny how you bring out a camera and a hundred kids will jump all over you.

Another picture of Oupa and Ouma Browne. His wife never joined the church as far as I know. He waited as long as he could for her but then decided with or with out her he needed to join. I can't think of a better way to spend the day after Christmas.
1 comment:
Wow, I just read Immaculee's story and it is amazing. What heartache and pain she and her daughter had to endure. After all that and she still has a powerful testimony. Her testimony strengthens my testimony of Heavenly Father and the Restoration. How great that you were able to be a part of her family's conversion.
Post a Comment