Monday, November 12, 2007

This is Elder Simmons of the 70 with his wife. He was our Area President. Our paths have crossed a few times. He spoke at our zone conference in Namibia, all 8 of us and a general authority. We also had a baptism that day. Does it get any better?
This is Kwasi. He is from Ghana. He was also baptized by Melki.
My little tire kids once again. We never were able to teach this family but we were always treated VERY well when we stopped by. Maybe now they have joined the church.
My last day on mission. This is at the mission home in Cape Town surrounded by a few friends.
My last official picture taken in South Africa. This was at the Johannesburg airport. The Youlton family had moved to Johannesburg. They met me at the airport before I flew home. What a special moment to see them once more.

4 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Wow. That's really beautiful, renee. I loved all of your stories and the pictures were amazing! Time sure flies, doesn't it?

Annie Leavitt said...

i've always wondered what your mission was like. an amazing experience i can tell. thanks for sharing.

The Evers said...

I just finished reading all of your stories. What a wonderful mission, I am sure you were an incredible missionary, and impacted so many more lives then these you have posted! It will be so nice for you to reconnect someday and to see all of the good you have done even if it is not in this life. miss you!

Kelsie said...

Great pictures and memories ... I love that Melki baptized those people. He was so cute--remember how he said that he wanted Sister Hunt to baptize him?! :) I feel like I need to go back and check up on everyone down there! And--I remember when you got your mission call, too--your friend Krystal came to work the next day and said "my friend in Canada just got called to your mission!" Do you still keep in touch with her?