Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Nali's First Road Race
On April 19th Nali did her first race. It was a 2 km family run. Sam and I ran it with her. I had run a few times with Nali in preparation...running with a 5 year old is a little bit painful. They run...stop...walk...stop...run....stop. We started a rule that no matter what you keep moving. Now don't think I'm a mean parent and made Nali do this. She was SO excited to run a race. The morning of as we were driving there she was bouncing off the walls saying "I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M RUNNING MY FIRST RACE!" It was awesome. Sadly the weather was HORRIBLE, we had a freak spring snow storm that made it miserable out. Needless to say though we still did it. We never mentioned the weather and didn't want to make it an issue. About 1 km it we had to pick her up as the wind was awful. But she finished the race and ran it out across the finish line ahead of mom and dad. It was a GREAT family experience.
Post Race in the GYM, so cool, Nali getting water and eating oranges! It was awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You must be so proud! I can't wait to show Jason, he wants our little guy to be a runner like him. I think it is really good that you are promoting a healthy lifestyle to your kids, and making it fun!
how fun...that will totally change her life! just don't turn into that middle eastern kid's coach who runs marathons at age 8. : )
Wow, impressive. Good job Nali!
So cute! I love that she was so excited for it. Way to go Nali (and you guys, too.)
By the way ... when I was looking for a picture of Chando, I saw a picture of that fish he fed us--and laughed. Luckily you didn't have to stuff the whole thing in your mouth like you did that delicious muffin at Sister Frances's! Thanks for taking care of me. :)
That is so awesome!! Instilling in her a love for running!! She looks so cute and happy!!
OH yes yes yes we do!!! Email me and we will figure something out! Gin will be so excited too!
kellygraceevers@gmail.com
Post a Comment