Saturday, May 24, 2008

May Long Weekend in Waterton...of course!

For the Victoria Day weekend we planned a day in Waterton with 2 other families. I've known the wives for years...I believe Lor(bottom left corner) and I have known each other since we were 5 and Crystal(bottom right corner) since we were about 14 or so. Between the three of us we have 8 kids under the age of 6. It was great fun. Our kids are so close in age the all seemed to get along great.
We hiked Bears Hump. The two 3 oldest kids pretty much ran up the mountain. Sam stayed up with them to make sure everything was ok. Here they are arriving at the top.
Me and my sweeties.
What a view...it seriously never gets old.
Ella had these cheese bun in her hand for a good hours of the day. Thank goodness! It kept her pretty occupied!-

I love this little girl!



Sam with his girls.
You can't leave the top without doing a family picture.
This was the whole crew that made it to the top. It was my job coming down to keep up with the fast ones. It's quite steep and I was SO paranoid that one of them was going to do a face plant. Luckily that didn't happen. The cruised down, I had difficulty keeping up with them.

6 comments:

marianne said...

What a fun little trip:) I LOVE YOUR HAIR! Darling:)
Miss you! Marianne

marianne said...

What a fun little trip:) I LOVE YOUR HAIR! Darling:)
Miss you! Marianne

Lance and Becky said...

What a fun trip! Renee you look awesome! Love the view too, looks beautiful!

The1stdaughter said...

Okay...so now I am really jealous! Every 3 years Alan's family (and I mean everyone) goes to Waterton for a reunion. This is the year for it and this summer we just can't afford to go up there. I'm so bummed!

It's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing, I can at least live vicariously through you.

liz j said...

What a great trip! Loved all the photos. And I also am jealous of your Waterton jaunt. It's such an amazing place.

Lynn said...

WOW! Small World. We are in the Calgary East Stake. My husband is Bishop of the Sunridge ward. I recognized the Bishop Laycock family right away. Looks like you all had a load of fun that day.