So for the long weekend we rented a cabin at Castle Mountain with some friends. We were up there for 4 days! We had a great time. I hadn't been snowboarding in 2 years since I was pregnant with Ella last year. So it was GREAT to go out again.
We decided that this would be the weekend that Nali learns how to ski. She was pretty excited about it all. She took to it pretty well. It was really neat to see her progress. She's pretty strong willed, determined and daring which all help the learning curve out. The first day I had Ella in the Kelty and just kicked it at the bottom of the hill. Then monday I went with Nali as well as Tuesday. Being so little she didn't last much more than an hour so we'd do an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. The first few days she would only do 4 runs in the that time. The last morning it clicked and she did 12 runs in an hour. She learned how to get on and off the chair and by the end could do it without them slowing it down. By then end too she didn't need mom anymore. I'd get strapped in and have to catch up with her. For sure it was probably one of the highlights of our little family.
After Nali's first lesson on the Barney Tow she told Sam she wanted to go up the chair lift. So he took her up. It's really a neat experience to do something you love with those you love. Riding up the chair with Nali is great. It's time just to talk with no distractions.
I think that the biggest thing I learned is that the myth that you can't do what you could do after you have kids is so not true...Kids make you slow down, you don't miss anything though every experience is so much richer. Kids enhance life...I had more fun watching my daughter learn to ski with Ella on my back then any day I've had on the hill...It was just awesome!
4 comments:
That is so cute!!! I love seeing little kids on the slopes...it is adorable. And I am really glad to hear what you said about kids enhancing life. I keep telling Jason that I don't want to be lame and boring after we have kids, I want to do all the same things we do now just with our kids. So thanks for that, you are a good example for us!!
What a fun weekend. And ... you're still drinking Red Bull?! Remember how I had to throw it out of the shopping cart a few times? :)
How Fun! I miss the snow, and I mean REAL snow. We don't get much here in Virginia and I know Alan misses it.
I LOVE the Red Bull picture, thats hillarious!
I totally agree with your "kids enhance life" comment.You can do so many fun things with your kids and the thing that makes it better is you get to watch them experience it for the first time. That's better than anything I've experienced before I had my kids.
Poor Nali - the Red Bull addiction is a touch one to kick :)
Post a Comment