Last week was a very busy/emotional week in our Family. Monday Chase was born, Tuesday we were informed that he has Down Syndrome. Thursday we set up for my sisters wedding, Friday wedding, my sisters wedding was a beautiful day. I was a saddened though that my brother and his family were unable to be at the temple for pictures. But I knew that he needed to be at the hospital with his son. Saturday a little break then Sunday Chase was finally able to go home.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
My Newest Nephew:Chase Gordon James Eklund
Below are two pictures of my little nephew Chase. He was born October 10th, which was Thanksgiving up here! What a great day to be born on. We were grateful that he arrived safe and sound. These pictures are a little late coming as he had an extended stay in the hospital. He was able to come home when he was 6 days old! We were all VERY excited for the little guy and his family.
Last week was a very busy/emotional week in our Family. Monday Chase was born, Tuesday we were informed that he has Down Syndrome. Thursday we set up for my sisters wedding, Friday wedding, my sisters wedding was a beautiful day. I was a saddened though that my brother and his family were unable to be at the temple for pictures. But I knew that he needed to be at the hospital with his son. Saturday a little break then Sunday Chase was finally able to go home.
He still looks a little jaundice in this picture but it is getting better. I sure love the little guy and am so grateful that he has come to our family. He is special...there's just no other way to explain it. I was talking to one of the nurses that works in the NICU, I told her that my nephew was in there. She asked which one. I told her. She then informed me that the other night all the nurses were around him and saying how special he was and that he seemed like an angel. I couldn't agree more. We don't know what the future holds for this little guy but we know that all of our lives changed the second he came into our family. In an instant you're more aware...more kind...more compassionate...protective etc. It's really hard to explain...you think why our family? Why my brother? Then you think, why not? He was sent to two loving parents and a loving older sister. He has grandparents, aunts and uncles who love him. Anyways, I don't want to get TOO into all the thoughts and emotions of this past week. There have been many to say the least. The best way I can sum it up is the "dream" has changed...but it's going to be okay. I thought about all the months we talked about this little guy coming and I never thought that he would have Down Syndrome...but I realized that this is always who he has been and now I can't imagine or picture him any other way. I LOVE him...

Last week was a very busy/emotional week in our Family. Monday Chase was born, Tuesday we were informed that he has Down Syndrome. Thursday we set up for my sisters wedding, Friday wedding, my sisters wedding was a beautiful day. I was a saddened though that my brother and his family were unable to be at the temple for pictures. But I knew that he needed to be at the hospital with his son. Saturday a little break then Sunday Chase was finally able to go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
He is adorable Renee. I don't know much about Downs Syndrome but the kids I see that have it always look like the happiest loving kids ever.
He is a doll Renee. He will bring so much to your family, I know it.
Oh my goodness he's so little! Congrats! He is so cute! I love little babies, Rylie's getting so big, and I want her to stop...it makes me so sad, but that's why we keep havin um huh!
He is sure a beautiful baby! My family is very close to a little Downs Syndrome boy, and he could not be any sweeter. They are truly little angels and i am sure he will bring so much happiness to your family and many others too!
Shoot, that last comment is from Kelly, not Gin. Sorry, I am staying with them this weekend.
He is so cute ! He will be so special in the family, you guys are lucky. You look great, love your hair. Your girls are growing up and looking cute as ever.
oh... i know what you mean. it almost brought tears to my eyes. but i love what you said, 'why not?'. i wish more people would have that attitude towards life. i hope he is doing well with nursing and things like that, i know it can be such a challenge, but well worth it.
What a beautiful baby. My older brother is 37 and has Downs. I understand everything you said, but for me, life has never been any different. He has always lived with our family, graduated high school, held several jobs, been through the temple, etc.etc.etc. You family will never be the same, but in the most wonderful way you could imagine. Words can't describe what a blessing my brother has been, and I know your family will expereence the same.
Post a Comment