Monday, April 02, 2007

The New Bathroom!

So this is our NEW bathroom. We started it at the beginning of January and just finished it a week or two.
I don't think that anyone can fully appreciate this bathroom unless you lived here. The old one wasn't bad...just severly dated. It was PINK to say the least. I wish that I had taken pictures of it before we started to demo. I think that I will have a permanent picture of it in my mind.
This was probably the most extensive renovation to the house that we've done. We really took everything out other than the shower. Sam really impressed me. He drywalled, rewired the new lighting, installed the new cabinets, new counter top and installed the sink and faucet and put up the crown. I was 8 1/2 months pregnant for most of this so I only did one coat of paint, the ceiling and the baseboards, and most importantly the towels, shower curtain etc.. My Dad helped us and made the frame for the mirror.
I should note that thanks to a nice tax return we can actually pay for this. Seriously the smallest room costs the most. I had NO idea how much this would cost.
We bought these at Ikea in December not really knowing where we'd use them. We couldn't pass them up at 2.99 a piece. The fit in into the bathroom perfectly
I find the bathroom to have a very earthy feeling. I should get some little bamboo plants or something...

5 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

So so so cute! It looks picture perfect, literally. You should be a proud momma, that's like a new baby! We bought those same Ikea frames 3 years ago and still haven't used them, they look great in your bathroom. Kudos to Sam.

Natalie said...

It looks so great! You guys are so talented. I love everything you have done. Thanks for showing us.

Lance and Becky said...

It's absolutely gordeous! I so couldn't do anything like that...I know Lance could, but you guys are very talented! Great job!

Holbrook's Blog said...

Renee, your house looks amazing. I just wanted to complement you on all your hard work. I am jealous of your girls rooms. They are soo cute. Your bathroom looks GREAT !!! Now I know where to go for a designer LOL.... Right huh!!! As long as your not doing the work.

Jenn Howell said...

Renee, we have the same flooring in our house. Well I think it's the same. we love it too. We used it in the mud room, laundry and bathrooms! The bathroom looks great though! You did a great job - what is the paint color?