Wednesday, May 06, 2009
MY FIRST Mountain Bike Race (and Maybe Last)
So first off, I've always wanted to do a mountian bike race...lets just say it's on the bucket list. Well there was one in town that I signed up for. I thought "Hey, I'm in pretty good shape and I love Mountain Biking....I can do this." So here we are at the start. I was in the first line to go with the novice/sport women catergory...lets just say one of these things is not like the other. These women were machines. They were Super nice and supportive and said that I was "Brave" for doing it...like that's not intimidating. These people wear spandex not to be fast....but because they ARE fast. All in all it was a great learning experience...would I do it again...maybe...
Climbing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i love it. you are so freaking inspirational renee. really. cactus incident and all...you rock.
ps- are you still coming down later this month? if so, we are always at home. and i mean a l w a y s.
wow! I think after the cactus I would have thrown in the towel! You are amazing! Way to live your dreams. miss you guys.
That looks awful. And yet I am laughing. Why is someone falling into cacti so funny. You are a tough lady.
Holy crap. I'm so inspired.
OUCH! That looks so painful...as if a bike race isn't painful enough. That is so awesome that you did one! I'm hoping to do one next spring. Every May, there is a race on the trails we ride all the time, so I'm hoping that I will be close to being back in shape by then...although I may be exhausted with the new baby!! So cool that you did it!
You are amazing!!! A cactus seriously you are awesome!! that would kill!! You really are inspiring though!!
Post a Comment