She goes M-T in the mornings and is in French Immersion. She goes to the same Elementary school that I attended. It's about 8 blocks from our house. The first morning Sam and I walked her there.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Nali's First Day of French Immersion Kindergarten!
So my baby started Kindergarten!! I CAN'T believe it to say the least! She was SO excited to say the least. The night before she started she woke up at 2:00 AM and yelled "I'M SO EXCITED FOR KINDERGARTEN TOMORROW!!!!" Seriously it was hilarious! It was so crazy she woke up and got ready in the morning. It was the first time she looked old enough to go to kindergarten. She's almost a full year older then some of the kids there since she turns six at the end of November. Here the cut off is December 31. We decided to wait and are so glad we did.
She goes M-T in the mornings and is in French Immersion. She goes to the same Elementary school that I attended. It's about 8 blocks from our house. The first morning Sam and I walked her there.
Outside of the school with Dad.
Me and my baby!
Nali and her teacher Madame Cormier. She is so incredibly nice. I feel totally at peace at putting Nali in French Immersion. At first it's a little scary thinking that for the first 3 years they only speak to these kids in French. This teacher explained that once the kids feel safe she'll start speaking to them more and more in French. Some kids were crying...of course not Nali! Never been one to have seperation anxiety which has been nice. But this teacher seems quite remarkable. It was cool the first morning we all sang O' Canada in French. I got teary eyed to say the least.

She goes M-T in the mornings and is in French Immersion. She goes to the same Elementary school that I attended. It's about 8 blocks from our house. The first morning Sam and I walked her there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Our sweet little girls are in school now! We kept Madison one more year too because she has a fall birthday too and it has been great! She is like the teacher's assistant.
I cannot believe Nali is old enough to be in school. She still seemed so little the last time we saw you guys, but I guess it was awhile ago! How great that everything seems to be working out perfectly. I'm sure that it is comforting to have such a great teacher at a school you're already familiar with.
Renee that is so good that you are putting her into FI. Smart!
whoah...that is awesome about the french part too. do you speak french? i don't even know. i can't believe nali is in kindergarten. lucy will be old too with her october birthday, but i'm so glad i have two more years. miss you.
Kindergarten....she's so big now! Way to go Nali!
Nali is so adorable - I love hearing stories about your kids. How fun for her to start school:)! I think I am more in shock that you guys are wearing coats on the first day of school. The kids here are still in tanks and short shorts;)! Miss you! Love, M
Post a Comment