Friday, August 10, 2007

Growing Up Sucks...

So I'm going through a little bit of a growing pain right now...I'm HATING that my baby is growing up. As you can see from the below pictures Nali is growing to be a beautiful little girl. She tells me all the time that she doesn't want to grow up and I reasure her that she'll always be my baby. In a few weeks she starts pre-school. She will be gone for 3 mornings a week. I'm DREADING this and have shed a few tears over the issue. There is a HUGE part of me that doesn't want to send her and thinks I'll just do Kindergarten next year with her. The problem with that is that I know that she needs to go. She needs the socialization and the structure. It's like getting your childs immunizations. You HATE doing it but you would never not do them. Nali is very excited about going to her school with Miss Pam the only problem is I'm just going to miss her. She is the light of my life...she is such a joy. We have great times together. Somedays she'll say to me "Mom lets go running!" So we'll go run around the block a few times. She loves listening to the killers, gwen stefani etc. She LOVES watching So You Think You Can Dance with me and ask almost everyday..."Is the dancing show on today?" She LOVES dancing. There's nothing like picking up your daughter from her year end show and having her run out and say "Did you see me??? Did you see me???" She LOVES Waterton probably as much as I do. When I was expecting Ella we were in the Dr's office for a check up and Nali said to me "We have to take the baby to Waterton!" What a girl. I love you Nali! Thanks for coming to our family!




6 comments:

bev said...

Cute pics Renee! Sometimes I cry, too, just because time is passing so quickly or b/c I feel like time is passing and I'm stuck! My mom just sent me this quote yesterday and I thought it was perfect to share:
As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that
wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You
will have your heart broken probably more than once and
it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so
remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight
with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things
an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast,
and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too
many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never
been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset
is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.
Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never
begin.

Lance and Becky said...

I love the pictures of Nallie, she's so cute! Growing up does suck, I totally agree, but savor the moments!

Annie Leavitt said...

ali is so grownup. i know i keep saying that but she is! she is going to be on fascinating girl that one. love your blog. miss you.

The Evers said...

I love all of your updates! The girls are so darling. Nali is so beautiful! I love the pics of you family vacation. We just got back from ours Sunday. I think it is so refreshing to be able to dedicate time to just your family for a little while! Anyway, I hope one day can come visit you and see Waterton! It looks amazing!

Martha said...

Nali is beautiful. When we last saw you, she was a baby. I can still see her little baby face in those pictures. What beautiful girls you have.

Natalie said...

Your girls are just the sweetest Renee. And by the way, Happy Belated Birthday this week. You know I remember ;-)!