Monday, July 23, 2007

Sam's 30th Birthday!

For Sam's 30th Birthday we went golfing. We rented a cart and took Nali with us. We borrowed some clubs for her from a friend. We had a great time. Nali quickly lost interest when she noticed that there was a pond on the course. She told us "Those are bullrushes!" Sam and I looked and each other wondering where in the world she learned that...Probably from Stanley and the great big book of everything.

I had my best outing of the year. It's only the second time I've played a round this year but I improved by 9 strokes...I've been taking a few lessons and I guess that it's helped.

Oh yah, and I beat Sam on his birthday...good thing I got him private lessons for his birthday. I should mention though I had 2 re-do's that he willingly gave me. He wasn't made/upset that I beat him, more so impressed that I was doing well! What a guy eh!!

Sam helping Nali out with her clubs.

Nali took this picture of us.

6 comments:

Stephanie and Paul said...

i guess i had forgotten that you can golf! i'm so impressed--can't hit a golf ball to save my life. congrats to sam, 30 looks great on him. also it looks like nali's a pretty good photographer!

The Evers said...

Happy late Birthday Sam! It looks like you had a fun day! Ummmm show this to Sam, I am guessing he does not blog...

Annie Leavitt said...

how fun. what a fun way to celebrate. nali will probably remember it for a long time. sam look exactly like he did four years ago. crazy he is the big 3 0 . oh, and don't you love it when you realized your kids learned important things from a tv and not you!?

Lance and Becky said...

Happy Late Late Birthday Sam! I've been kinda busy, but it looks like you guys had a great day!

Stephanie and Paul said...

so really, canada was amazing. we took a little drive north of the falls and it was like europe--vineyards and orchards and so beautiful. i was proud for you! too bad the country is so big or we would have just popped on over to alberta...so where are your waterton pics?

bev said...

renee--
you look great like always!! these are really cute pics of you and sam!