In all my years of living in Southren Alberta, I've NEVER come across a cattle drive. So on this little roadtrip we took we ran into 3! YES 3!!!! Seriously the first one kind amusing, the second one a litle irritating and then the thirs one was "Are your freaking kidding me!" Well the pictures below are of the third one. The funny thing is the ranchers/cowboys doing the cattle drive look at you like you shouldn't be on the road. Seriously...the kind of eye you like "HOW DARE YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR ON THE ROAD!"
What would you do if you saw this coming at you down the road...
So Southren Alberta can be windy. You either love it and appreciate that because of the wind we have the mildest winter climate in Canada and no smog/pollution. Or you absolutely hate it and curse it. So this is a common sight driving around, rows upon rows of windmills. It's great, I love it, I think it not only adds to the scenery but shows us that people are thinking of alternate fuel resources.
The last picture is my most favorite. We pass this sign every time we go to Castle Mountain to go snowboarding and it always makes us laugh. It is seriously in the middle of no where. You can see that it used to say "1.7 km straight ahead." Well there was nothing ever 1.7 km ahead. I would really love to see this so if any of you make it up this way I will be sure to call the First People's consulting and set up a show.
I hope that all of you enjoyed the pictures from our little sight seeing trip in Southren Alberta. It really is a beautiful place and I love the diversity it offers.



No comments:
Post a Comment