Thursday, August 03, 2006

Our Hometown

So now that we have a blog I thought that I would post a couple of pictures or our home and home town. I guesss that it's not really a town. We have 80 000 people which does qualify us to be a city.The above picture is our wondeful home. We LOVE it. We've put a lot of work into the inside and it looks great and feels like home now. I just finished painting Nali's room and we've ordered carpet for her room and ours. When it's complete I'll post the pictures. We've become even more grateful for our home. We bought it for $155 000. By the time we moved in the housing market in Lethbridge was booming. Our home had appreciated aprox. $20 000 before we even moved in.

The "High Level Bridge" is the train bridge that connects the 2 coulee sides as well. It is just over 1 mile long. It was built 100 years ago. I believe it's 100 year aniversary is next year. It is the highest bridge of it's type in the world. It's beautiful to look at. The sun sets right behind it. There is also a golf course at the bottom of it. Trains still use it. When you're in the river bottom and you here a train coming you can run to the bridge and feel the vibrations on the beams. One of Sams hobbies is collecting old postcards of this bridge from ebay. We have several including the building of it.

This is the view of the river bottom that divides the west side of town from the south side. We love this area. It's refered to as the "coulees". This is where Sam and I do the majority of our biking. The beginning of our trail is about a 5 minute bike ride from our house. A few years ago there was a huge flood that washed out some of our trails. Sam and I feeling ambitious repaired our trails and even put in a new bridge. We've seen deer, rabbits, owls, beavers, snakes and fox's on our rides. It's great to have such a beautiful place so close.

This picture is of a storm we had about 2 months ago here. That odd spaceship shaped building is an old water tower that was in town. It was turned into a resturant about 2 years ago. It's very expensive but offers a great view. We've only ate there once and we all ordered appetizers.

Well here it is my first full entry enjoy!

1 comment:

Miller Family said...

YEAH you got a blog!!! Now you can keep those of us who miss you sooo much in Provo posted on your lives!!!