They asked Sam if he wanted to watch the birth. He declined until I asked him to please watch, someone needed to see the birth of our child. So as they were ready to get the head out the told Sam to look. I've never seen Sam's eyes so big. Well he watched them work her out. All I remember hearing was a cry and Sam saying "It's Ella!" As I heard her cry I started to cry. It's the most amazing thing to here that first sound. The took her and cleaned her up beside me. They have a special nurse that just does planned c-sections. She was amazing. She held her so I could see the whole time then let me hold her. Then Sam held her as they were stitching me up. With Nali everything was so rushed. I barely got to see her before they ran out the door with her. This was really nice to spend some time with Sam and her before they needed to go.
I only spent about 45 minutes in the recovery room compared to 2 hours last time which was also nice. It's kind of funny they keep on checking you to see how much the freezing goes down. They say "Does this feel normal?" I said, I don't even remember what normal feels like!
Anyways, They took me to my room, I had to wait a bit for Sam and Ella to return from the nursery. All I can say is that she was amazing. Sam stayed with me 3 nights. It was nice to have him there since it's difficult for me to get in and out of bed. Ella stayed in our room the whole time which was also a nice treat. The first night she slept beside me in my bed.
As you can see below Nali took to her instantly. She told everyone who'd come and visit that this was her baby sister Ella Renee. She was also very protective of her. She didn't like other people to hold her and would often say"Uh...I think that she needs her mom."
Sam went to work for a bit Thursday and most of Friday. My mom and dad watched Nali. Nali loved being at the hospital though. She spent about 9 hours there with me on Thursday. She just couldn't get enough!
So as you can tell this was a MUCH more pleasant experience. Ella had been an angel...It's really been a delight. Maybe because there wasn't as much unknown and I didn't have a traumatic birth but it's been nice.
We feel so overwhelmingly grateful for all that we've been given. To have 2 healthy girls, Sams job, our house, our country, etc. etc.
6 comments:
I got tears in my eyes reading this. She is adorable and Nali looks so happy.
She's beautiful Sam and Renee! Congratulations! We couldn't be more excited for you guys. Ella is a beautiful name--I love that! You all look so happy and we're so glad things went so well. Hooray!
Congrats! We are so excited for you! I love the name Ella! (Ronnie has ruled it out since with our Spanish last name it could be interpreted as "She Lopez") I love reading about your little family and think of you often!
You guys really are lucky parents--TWO gorgeous girls! I hope everyone is getting enough sleep and that you're all being spoiled rotten by grandparents and neighbors! We love you guys!
I am sure you are really busy but it is time for more pictures:) Please.
You guys have a beautiful little girl! It was so good to hear from you! Now you have two beautiful little girls! I can't believe it's only been a year, and all the kids seem to be growing up so fast...it's sad! I hope all is well Renee, and we sure do miss you! Oh, I have another one on the way too! It's a girl this time, and I'm due on July 3rd (hopefully a little tiny bit earlier)
Post a Comment