
Well, it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. So what does that mean. Well for starters it's not the shopping frenzy that is is in the USA. Not at all...we get Monday off as a holiday, yes we eat turkey, yes we watch football (It's the CFL though, Canadian Football League 3 downs not 4, shorter/wider field and huge endzone). It'll be nice to here though for the first time in 4 years.
So the NHL has officially started (why do they call it the National Hockey League when 2 countries are involved, shouldn't it be the international hockey league. And why do they call the NFL, NBA, MLB World Champions when they're only in 1 or 2 countries). So tonight is the battle of Alberta Edmonton Oilers versus my favorite the Calgary Flames. How exciting. Hockey night in Canada, have I already said it, it's good to be home.
So being in Canada the news is somewhat diferent then the US news. For example one of tonights headlines is where our Prime Ministers hockey alleigance is. Last night the Ottawa Senators played the Toronto Maple Leafs. When Toronto scored Prime Minister Stephen (not Steve as George W. Bush likes to call him) Harper raised his hands in a somewhat jubilant motion speculation started on is he a Leafs fan? Heaven forbid the PM who was born in Toronto likes the Leafs. How incredibly funny. It just shows you how big hockey is in this country. Ya gotta love it.
So just so you all know I'm going to the Dixie Chicks on November 6th. I'm SO excited. I never thought that I'd be a "Chicks" fan but I've really grown to love them. I think their last album "Home" is amazing. Check it out.
Lets see I'm 20 weeks now, things are going well. We're excited to have the baby come but dang I'm a little nervous as well. It's going to be a big change going back to the infant stage.
2 comments:
Reading your post made me miss Canada sooooo bad and I am not even a hockey fan.
You need to post pictures of your belly every couple of weeks. I love seeing preggie pictures.
Enjoy your turkey and lack of shopping chaos.
I like hockey for the fights!!
Post a Comment